Denison University’s Laura C. Harris Series presents the Empowerment Self-Defense Workshop with IMPACT Safety.
IMPACT Safety has been teaching empowerment self-defense and violence prevention for 27 years. During that time, IMPACT Safety has incorporated the learnings from the science of neurobiology, the research of law enforcement, the policies and practices around safety on college campuses, the psychological and emotion attributes of resilience, the tension between “self-defense” and the intersectionality of race, gender and class, along with research from rape resistance programming, adult education, emotional and social learning and more. In these stand-alone workshops, you will learn:
• How to develop greater awareness and confidence
• Skills in de-escalation and confrontation
• Practice in communicating clearly and directly, especially under stress
• Increased choices when dealing with threat
• An increased feeling of personal power and choice
Sign up for the workshop: